Monday, May 2, 2011

9/11

all day i have heard about the death of osama bin laden. i first hear the news last night, and woke to it this morning.  celebration...friends posting on fb about how finally the "sob is dead" among other colorful statements.  i just felt sad.  sad that this day reminded me of 9/11, sad that people i call friends would celebrate the loss of human life. I feel like i am one of the very few that sees the death of an unrepented sinner as one more person who will forever be lost.
I have on other occasions asked myself if i would want another human to loose their life if they had violated myself or others i loved. The thoughts occur when watching 20/20 or dateline, you get the picture. I was not sure, but now i know. never ever ever would i want another to lose their life. i can say as i listen to my little ones play that i am grateful  they are a fraction safer today than yesterday. don't get me wrong i understand war.  i am able to comprehend necessary death, i am simply unable to as a mother, christian, and human understand celebrating loss of life. I find comfort, awe, in knowing that God knows my name, that he loves me the most. wow. and guess what? that goes for all of us .

"do not rejoice when your enemies fall, and do not let your heart be glad when they stumble."
                                                         proverbs 24:17
i <3 proverbs...

3 comments:

~aj~ said...

I actually teard up while reading this Amber because it is exactly how I feel and you worded it so perfectly!

I've had such a mix of emotions since I heard the news last night and I have to admit that so many of the status updates I've read on FB have absolutely turned my stomach. The fact that some people (even mild-mannered Christians that I know!) can be so enthusiastic over a death. It just boggles my mind.

In an exchange with a friend today, I said the following: I'll be honest though that as thankful as I am to our armed forces (and both George G. and Obama) and as much as I love my country, I just can't get into the whole "Rah, rah, rah, Bin Laden is dead! Let's all celebrate and be crazy happy!" For me there are so many sad emotions tied to this man that even thinking about his death brings with it feelings of sadness for the thousands upon thousands that have lost ther lives because of him. And when it's all said and done, even his death is another loss of life. And while I certainly don't MOURN him, in my humble opinion no death except Christ's seems worthy of celebration.

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling the way that I do. :)

Sending love to you and your precious fam!

~aj~ said...

FYI, I don't have any idea who George G. is. Excuse the typo. :)

buell family said...

Thanks AJ, for sharing your thoughts, the compliment and making me not feel so alone in my thoughts.
Give all of your boys X's and O's
love getting my updates on your beautiful family!
<3 Amber