Thursday, May 19, 2011

O is for ORANGE!





First of all today is amazing. Its on the cloudy side but as I sit here typing a breeze is meandering through the room. I have a view of blooming flowers, and I can hear Cal saying daddy. Does it get any better?


This post is not dedicated to the boys but a means of communication to friends too far away to come for a visit:( I miss you girls.

I painted my kitchen this week. things are getting bright around here. I have a blue living room, yellow hallway, ORANGE kitchen and a green sitting room off the ORANGE kitchen. I had no intention of posting before/after photos so please be nice. Its bad. Real bad.





I only took the photograph because little Cal (with daddy's help) left me a love note. I almost left it.

And the after photos. Travis told me that he is starting to feel as though he is living in a Mexican restaurant. I am convinced that he likes the color despite what he says.



I know its very orange. My intent was to hide the oak stain on the cabinets. I am not a fan of oak. But I love pumpkin spice aka: orange. I also added 1/2 cup of glitter to each gallon of paint. Sadly it does not show in the photos. the glitter is subtle, just reflecting light. I would not add more than 1/2 cup or you may get that disco ball effect. It needs to be that super fine powdery glitter. I heart the glitter:) So there you go Sarah and Fe. you will have to let me know if you like it. If you don't like it lie--thx:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! I love the way your table and chairs look against it too! I bet the glitter makes it shimmer beautifully! Can't wait to see it in person! LOVE IT!!! ~ Sarah
p.s. I wish I was brave enough to try it!! :)